***Early Term 1 Holidays ***
***Home Learning Resources for Students ***
***COVID-19 Update 20/3***
Welcome to Lyndale Greens Primary School
Welcome to the Lyndale Greens Primary School web site. We have structured this site so that it easy to navigate to areas that may interest you. We trust the site provides you with a snap shot of our school and shows the many and varied exciting things that are offered at Lyndale Greens Primary School.
Lyndale Greens Primary School provides an environment in which your child will have opportunities to be involved in structured activities designed to stimulate, excite and foster the development of positive attitudes towards learning. The children are offered an extensive curriculum program and we encourage students to make the most of all opportunities provided.
At Lyndale Greens Primary School, we challenge children intellectually by providing a wide range of educational experiences and opportunities to extend the academic, creative, social, emotional and physical development of the children. Lyndale Greens Primary School prides itself on its family approach to education and welcomes the involvement of parents in the education of each child. Lyndale Greens Primary School is located in Dandenong, Victoria, Australia.
The ultra- modern design of the school facilities provides a quiet, secure learning environment and promotes a sense of belonging and identification with our school culture. Interactive technology in each classroom enables students to communicate readily on-line and to develop sophisticated research and visual literacy skills.
Teachers at Lyndale Greens Primary School are highly skilled in all curriculum areas. We are pleased to say that we have comprehensive Literacy, Numeracy and Digital Technologies programs. The school is well- resourced in technology that fosters learning. We have one-to-one devices in grades 4-6, iPads in our EAL program, networked and wireless computers in the Prep-3 classrooms and interactive whiteboards are installed in every classroom, to further enhance our educational programs. We also have a Lego Robotics program and a green screen room for filming our live assemblies, LG Live, and to film students’ projects.
The school aims to foster harmonious and effective communication between all members of the school community. Collaboration and co- operation between staff, students, parents and the wider community is a feature of our school.
Lyndale Greens Primary School appreciates a high level of community satisfaction and support, with parental involvement and participation being encouraged across all aspects of our school program.
Our Philosophy and Vision
Lyndale Greens Primary School is committed to providing a learning environment and educational programs which will motivate, challenge and support students to become lifelong learners. The school aims to maximise student potential in a safe, happy and caring community in which academic achievement, positive self-esteem, cultural diversity and the rights of all are highly valued and respected.
• At Lyndale Greens Primary School, we challenge children intellectually by providing a wide range of educational experiences and opportunities to extend their academic, creative, social, emotional and physical development. We aim for our students to have high expectations, be problem-solvers, responsible risk-takers, and to be responsible citizens who are productive and effective communicators in the 21st century.
• At Lyndale Greens Primary School the teachers cater for the needs of the whole child, inclusive of their academic, social, emotional, physical and creative development. We view learning as an active and reciprocal partnership between students, parents and staff. We provide a stimulating, curriculum that fosters student self-esteem and self-discipline, with priorities focussing upon the development of Literacy, Numeracy and ICT skills. We provide a challenging curriculum for all students to assist them in striving to achieve their personal best. We cater for individual abilities, talents and learning styles. The school community continues to embrace the use of technology to challenge and enrich our students.
At Lyndale Greens Primary School we aim to:
• Foster a healthy school culture in which high levels of achievement take place within a positive social environment
• To provide students with a safe learning environment
• To maximize student learning opportunities through engagement
• To provide opportunities for students/parent participation and student/parent voice
• To build a school environment based on positive behaviours and values