Tournament of Minds
Each year we enter teams in the National Tournament of Minds (TOM) competition where teams are challenged to produce innovative solutions to a problem selected from a number of categories. This annual educational program held nationally culminates in an Australian final in the last weekend in October.
Science Talent Search
The Science Talent Search (STS) is an annual, science based competition open to all primary schools in Victoria. STS has 3 main aims:
1. To stimulate an ongoing interest in the study of sciences by:
- encouraging independent self-motivated project work amongst students of science;
- giving students the opportunity to communicate their achievements to a wider audience;
- according recognition of effort and achievement in a scientific enterprise.
2. To promote the direct involvement of the students in the processes of science and its communication.
3. To give the public at large an opportunity to see the quality of work being achieved in science, by both primary and post primary students.
Students are given the opportunity to enter state and national competitions in Maths, English, Science and Writing. Teachers promote these and many students participate with enthusiasm.
States Schools Spectacular
Lyndale Greens Primary School provides opportunity for students to participate in the State Schools Spectacular which is one of the largest performing arts events in Australia. It is a professionally staged production performed annually to an audience of over 10,000 people. The State Schools Spectacular includes a cast of almost 3,000 Victorian government school students, working towards a common goal in a collaborative, competition-free environment. Its dual aim is to provide an invaluable performing arts opportunity to Victoria’s government school students and to showcase the enormous talent that exists in our schools
Excursions, Incursions & Camps
Excursions & incursions are arranged for all children and are carefully planned so that they enhance and enrich the learning programs provided by the teacher.
Children in grades 4 -6 have the opportunity to attend school camps. The program aims to provide children with experiences in different environments and activities which aid social and physical development encouraging responsibility and independence.