A strong transition program exists for students from Kindergarten to Prep, from level to level within the school and from Year 6 to Year 7 which promotes confidence, independence and prepares them for the next stage of their learning.
We also provide a comprehensive transition program for students new to the school. The program focuses on ensuring the student and parents feel safe, happy and supported throughout their schooling life at Lyndale Greens Primary School.
Ready ~ 4 ~ Prep Program - Our Kinder to Prep Transition Program
We offer an extensive transition program which is free, and focuses on developing your child’s readiness for school, familiarising them with the school environment,
Ready 4 Prep supports the wonderful program your child receives at their kindergarten, as well as ensuring your child’s readiness and preparation for school.
What does our Ready-4-Prep program offer?
- Kinder to Prep transition is a milestone for children and parents. Our unique transition program assists children to become more confident and familiar with the school environment, routines and procedures.
- Children have the opportunity to learn about life at school and get to know other 4 year olds who will be attending Lyndale Greens Primary school. They will also meet our experienced Prep teachers, specialist teachers and familiarise themselves with all aspects of school.
- Going to school can be a very traumatic and difficult time for children and parents. Providing your child with the opportunity to attend our Ready 4 Prep transition program is a wonderful opportunity to build your child’s confidence and readiness for school.
- Parents have the opportunity to meet other parents and teachers and to learn more about the school their child will be attending.
- This is an exciting and extremely worthwhile program for children and parents. There is NO COST for the program and I encourage all parents who are considering enrolling their child in Lyndale Greens Primary School to attend some or all of the Ready 4 Prep sessions.
- Please fill in the attached Ready 4 Prep form and return it to Lyndale Greens Primary School. This can be done at any time, or you can simply bring it with you to the first Ready 4 Prep session.
- If you would like to make a time to visit the school, please contact the Principal, Victoria Golding or the Assistant Principal, Karen Hall to make an appointment.
We will be offering an extensive transition program which focuses on developing your child’s readiness for school, familiarising them with a school environment, teachers and our diverse range of specialist programs including:
- Literacy Enhancement Program
- EAL (English as an Additional Language) program
- ICT (Computers & Technology)
- Safe and supportive environment
- Buddy Program
- Physical Education & PMP – Perceptual Motor Program
- Music /Library/Science
Ready 4 Prep - Commences Term 4 of every year
When: Once a week for an hour – term 4
Where: Lyndale Greens Primary School
Who: All 4-5 year olds who be commencing Prep the following year
One of the most important decisions you will make, is the choice of a primary school for your child!